Thursday, July 17, 2014

Here she is!

When I first found out I was pregnant and went to the Dr we found out that this little baby was due on Ainsleys bday!  I couldn't believe it!  I was just hoping she would come early!  About a  month before I was due I was so ready to be done!  I am getting to old for this,  So Saturday the 5th I woke up and noticed some stuff happening, but figured it would still be a few days.  So we were cleaning the house when Chrissy called and said lets get pedis.  So I went up and met her to get our toes done.  When we were done iwent to get into the car and smudged my toe so I ran back in to have it fixed and as soon as I walked in the door my water broke!  I couldn't believe it!  The place was packed and I just made a mess on the floor!  So I asked them to fix my toe real fast(I couldn't go to the hospital with a messed up toe!) then called Brad!  I had told him to go riding and luckily I got a hold of him before he hit the trail!  We met at home and gathered up our things.  We got to the hospital about 1 pm  and   I still wasn't having any contractions yet!  I figured it was going to be like Ainsleys delivery!  So, we get checked in and they had to make sure my water broke!  HELLOO people this is baby #6  I think I know that my water broke!
So, once they realized it did and there were still no contractions they gave me an I.V and hooked me up to petocin.  Mom and Chrissy showed up at 3 and we all just sat around waiting!!  Brad went and got himself dinner and rented us a movie.  They kept upping the petocin and still nothing.  The nurse said once you start having regular contractions labor for a while before oyu get your epidural .  So around 11 mom and Chrissy went out in the waiting room so I could try to get a nap in.  Well little lady had something else in mind!  Around 11:30 the contractions were starting to come on pretty hard and were about every 2 min.  At 1145 I buzzed for my nurse and said I wanted my epidural.  So she checked me and I was still just at a 4, but these babies hurt!  So , she called the dr ca,e in to give me my epidural around midnight.  It took forever she tried 3 times while I was sitting up and couldn't get it, meanwhile I was having contractions every min.  Then she had me lay in my side and finally got it in after 2 tries.  By this time the contractions were very close and very hard.  The nurse checked me while I was still on my side and said I was just a 7!  But I felt I needed to push.  So the dr taped up my epidural I laid flat and she checked me again and said Oh yes there is the baby!  So within 1 hr I went form a 4 to a 10 and was ready to push!  Luckily she was facing the right way and she came out with 3 pushes.  Which is good because the epidural wasn't working yet! 
At 1:18 our little girl was born!

                                                    She looks so much like Ainsley!

 after the dr put her up on me and they wiped her down Brad came over and she totally looked at him and I swear she smiled! 
 Turns out she wasn't so little after all!  8lbs 13oz and 20 1/2 in




 Sunday Dad brought all the kids to see their new baby sister. 




 We still couldn't decide for sure on a name it was either Lakelyn or Ashlyn.  In the end we decided on Lakelyn Lee.  I am so glad that she is here and everything went well!  Now our family is complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment