Friday, January 22, 2010

New Years Eve

New Years Eve Brad and I headed out for an early dinner. Big beautiful snowflakes were falling from the sky as we headed to Outback. Thanks to my brilliant mind :) I called ahead and made reservations for us. We were seated and ordered our food, and relaxed. We talked about the trip thus far, and what he thought. Yes, my boys can be a handful, yes, Spokane is nice, yes, my family is friendly. So far nothing has scared him off! (I was nervous for him to come up and meet EVERYONE so early on in our relationship, but from the beginning it has just felt right with him. After my weekend in Az visiting him I knew that he had to come up and meet my family. I knew they would like him, and I hoped he would feel the same way. Its easy for 2 people to get along great when its just the 2 of them hanging out for a weekend here and there. The true test is when they are thrown into everyday life. I wanted to see how it would go. To see if there could be a future between us. After the first 7 days I know that there could be a future between us, and I can't wait to continue on the journey with him.) He had the salmon, and I had the pork tenderloin. We ate, and then headed back home so my parents could go out. The roads had gotten really bad while we were in the restaurant. So, being the great driver I am especially at night I took it slow. I was getting into the turning lane from the highway and my car decided it did not want to stop. So, luckily there were not any cars coming towards us from the other direction as we cruised into their lanes. Eventually I regained control and we made it home safe. The boys had friends spending the night, so the rest of our night was spent cuddled on the couch watching various shows. When the clock struck 12 it was nice to welcome in the New Year with a man who I have fallen for. With a man I can see spending eternity with. With a man I don't want to live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment